Parks Canada Celebrations in Montreal on Parks Day 2011
You're invited to Parks Canada's coast-to-coast birthday party in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver on July 16, 2011! Take part in this a rare meeting between artists, culture and nature, as we celebrate 100 years of the world's first national parks service on Parks Day.
Mark your calendars!
What: Parks Day 2011, Montreal
When: Saturday July 16, 2011
12 noon - 8:30 pm (Concert begins at 5 pm)
Where: Centennial Esplanade, along Lachine Canal (corner of St-Patrick and Pitt streets)
Les Trois Accords
The celebrations will be held along Lachine Canal - one of Montreal's most treasured places and a National Historic Site!
Enjoy a free outdoor concert just around «happy hour» featuring Les Trois Accords, returning from a successful stint at the renowned Casino de Paris in France. Seven nominations at the last years ADISQ Awards Gala, qualifies the band as an undisputed crowd favourite.
Marie-Mai, Quebec's latest sensation and biggest ticket seller will ride with the wind with a high octane performance that she has become notorious for. It is no wonder she participated in the Vancouver Olympics opening ceremonies before a cheering crowd of 60,000 at BC Place.
So come on out, celebrate like never before and secure your exclusive bragging rights:
- Plan your unique Parks Canada Experience at the Welcome Centre.
- Celebrate with all the sites and parks of the Montreal region and beyond.
- Learn to climb, canoe and more.
- Be amongst the first to try out the new Prospector tent.
- Capture yourself in historic costumes.
- Dance to the rhythms of world music.
- Get your face painted and hands tattooed in our Family Zone.
- Meet the new Parks Canada mascot - Parka!
- Bring your picnic and enjoy local food vendors.
- Celebrate in an environment friendly event.
Thank you to our Proud Partners of the Centennial:
Main Stage Partner: