Common menu bar links


Parks Canada Permits

Research and Collection Permit System

At Parks Canada, a Research and Collection Permit must be obtained from the superintendent for any archaeological research conducted on land under the jurisdiction of Parks Canada (national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas). These permits are issued in accordance with legislation, regulations and policies such as Parks Canada's Guiding Principles and Operational Policies, the Canada National Parks Act, the Canada National Marine Conservation Areas Act, the Saguenay–St. Lawrence Marine Park Act, and the Species at Risk Act (SARA). Therefore, in addition to receiving a permit, it is recommended that researchers obtain qualified advice on meeting the obligations spelled out in the different archaeological legislation, policies and directives.

More on Parks Canada's Online Research and Collection Permit System