Experience camping like never before in the heart of the Mingan Islands!
A cross between a tent and a rustic cabin, Parks Canada oTENTik tents offer a unique camping experience that blends the comfort of home with a taste of outdoor adventure. Each tent can accommodate up to 6 people and is furnished, heated, lit, and installed on a raised wooden floor next to a small deck. It’s the perfect way for families, friends, and couples of all ages to discover the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve’s enchanting setting while camping - no muss, no fuss.
© Parks Canada
Season and rates
- New! oTENTik tents are available until September 30!
- $120 per night (taxes included)*
* Park entry fee, maritime transport service, fire permit, and reservation fee extra.
- Check-in time: 2 p.m.
- Check-out time: 11 a.m.
- Maximum length of stay: 6 nights.
© Parks Canada
Equipment and facilities
To facilitate your stay and allow you to experience nature and the great outdoors in total comfort, each Parks Canada oTENTik tent is equipped with the following:
Inside the tent:
- 1 table, 4 chairs, and 1 bench
- 1 double bed with mattress and 4 single beds with mattresses
- 1 storage unit
- Propane heating
- Fire extinguisher, smoke detector, and carbon monoxide detector
- Broom, dustpan, and mop with scrubbing strip and cleaning solution
- LED puck light
Outside the tent:
- Propane barbecue with side burner (propane included)
- Barbecue tools and brush
- Storage unit
- Camping chair
- Cooking fireplace
- Picnic table
- Dry toilet
- Wood shelter
- Fire pit
- Pleasure craft moorings
- Picnic shelter/emergency shelter
Special Summer 2013 Offer:
For summer 2013, the Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve is pleased to provide free use of its oTENTik kit comprising all the additional equipment required for an enjoyable camping stay. Kits are available at the Havre-Saint-Pierre Reception and Interpretation Centre. If you are not planning on using the kit, consult this list of equipment to bring with you:
© Parks Canada
- Cookware set and non-stick frying pan
- Dinnerware set, flatware set, and glasses
- Cutting mat, kitchen knife, mixing bowl, strainer, serving spoon, spatula, tongs, peeler, can opener, and corkscrew
- Tablecloth, dishtowels, scrub sponge, silicone and cotton trivet, dishcloth, and dishwashing detergent
- Radiant toaster
Equipment to bring
In addition to your food, drinks, and personal effects, plan to bring the following equipment:
- Sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows
- Matches or lighter
- Drinking water (no drinking water available on the island
For your convenience and enjoyment, don’t forget:
- Water bottle
- Warm clothing
- Rugged footwear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Map and guidebook (sold at the Reception and Interpretation Centre)
During your stay, choose from the many activities available in the Mingan Archipelago, such as:
- Activities with a heritage presenter
- Flora and fauna viewing
- Boat excursions
- And much more!
Reservations are recommended. You may reserve up to 6 months in advance for groups of 12 or more, and up to 2 months in advance for individual campers. Reservation fee: $5.80 (non-refundable). Modifications and cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to the stay in order to avoid additional fees.
Phone number: 418-538-3285 or 418-949-2126
For more information, contact us:
Mingan Archipelago National Park Reserve
1010, Promenade des Anciens
Reception and Interpretation Centres: 418-538-3285 or 418-949-2126
Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-866-787-6221
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org