Cyclists participating in Les Défis du Parc-Shawinigan. © Steve Duchesne
Parkway and trails accessibility
In order to offer participants the best environment possible, the Parkway and certain trails will be closed during the event.
From 9 p.m., August 25 until 6 p.m., August 26
- The Parkway will be closed between Esker and Rivière à la Pêche. Campgrounds will remain open to campers.
- Closure of a 2-km portion of the Parkway.
- The Parkway will be closed from Bouchard Lake to Rivière-à-la-Pêche sector from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for the Défis du Parc.
- The hiking trails in the Rivière-à-la-Pêche sector are open except trails Nos. 3, 6A and 11 which will be closed from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- All the other Park services are available except for our Boat Rental Centres and our Corner Store Cafes.
Les Défis du Parc-Shawinigan
From August 25 to 27, 2017
La Mauricie National Park is host to Les Défis du Parc-Shawinigan (Website in french only), Canada’s largest sport cycling gathering. At this event, participants at all levels can take on a variety of challenges, including a mountain-biking circuit, a footrace, a triathlon or an off-trail duathlon – all in an exceptional setting!
Stands at La Mauricie National Park
Throughout the entire weekend, La Mauricie National Park staff will be manning stands dealing with the activities and services on offer at the park. Naturalists will also be on hand to provide you with insights into the natural and cultural resources of this protected area. Information, interpretation and educational games will all be available on location.
For further information about activities, registration and schedule, please visit Cyclo-Mauricie
Défi Éco Parc
To take the “Défi Éco Parc” challenge, begin by filling out a short questionnaire (in French only) available at the stand manned by Parks Canada naturalists.