Summary of Park Regulations
To protect resources and ensure the safety and well-being of visitors, parks are governed by a number of regulations, notably the following:
You are not allowed to:
- hunt, trap, disturb, attract or feed the animals.
- fish in fresh water (ponds, lakes, rivers, creeks, etc.)
- The daily catch (including catch and release) and possession limit is set at a maximum of 10 mackerel for any person fishing in the Forillon National Park of Canada coastal waters. Each fisher is limited to using one fishing line with one simple, double or triple hook.
- remove, mutilate or destroy any natural features (wildlife, plants, fossils, driftwood, deadwood, etc.)
- make wood fires anywhere except in fireplaces provided for this purpose
- camp outside designated campsites
- make excessive noise at any time
- let pets wander freely (without a leash)
- operate a personal watercraft (Seadoo, etc.) in park waters
Remember that seatbelts must be worn when riding in vehicles and that the Highway Safety Code applies at all times.
For more information, contact a Park warden at (418) 892-5553.