Forillon National Park of Canada
Summary of Park Regulations
To protect resources and ensure the safety and well-being of visitors, parks are governed by a number of regulations, notably the following:
You are not allowed to:
- hunt, trap, disturb, attract or feed the animals.
- fish in fresh water (ponds, lakes, rivers, creeks, etc.)
- The daily catch (including catch and release) and possession limit is set at a maximum of 10 mackerel for any person fishing in the Forillon National Park of Canada coastal waters. Each fisher is limited to using one fishing line with one simple, double or triple hook.
- remove, mutilate or destroy any natural features (wildlife, plants, fossils, driftwood, deadwood, etc.)
- make wood fires anywhere except in fireplaces provided for this purpose
- camp outside designated campsites
- make excessive noise at any time
- let pets wander freely (without a leash)
- operate a personal watercraft (Seadoo, etc.) in park waters
Remember that seatbelts must be worn when riding in vehicles and that the Highway Safety Code applies at all times.
Restricted and/or prohibited activities pertaining specifically to Forillon National Park
An entry fee is required for every person travelling in the North and South areas of Forillon National Park.
A permit issued by the Superintendent is mandatory to conduct any natural, archaeological or social science research or collection activity in Forillon National Park.
A camping permit allows a maximum of 7 persons or a family with 1 vehicle and 2 types of equipment to camp on a site.
For public safety and resource conservation purposes:
- No person shall enter or travel off the "Les Graves" trail located passed the Cap-Gaspé lighthouse.
- No person shall enter or travel on the beach or along the cliffs between the Petit-Gaspé cape and the Petit-Gaspé park boundary line from April 1st to October 1st.
- Scuba diving is prohibited from April 1st to July 31st between the Petit-Gaspé cape and the Petit-Gaspé park boundary line.
- It is prohibited to scuba dive, to accost or travel on the shore between Cap-Gaspé and the south-east extremity of the Cap-Bon-Ami beach.
- It is prohibited to accost or travel on the shore below the cliffs between the south-east extremity of the Des-Rosiers campground beach and the “Le Rocher” rock.
- No person shall enter or travel in the Penouille marsh.
Unless authorized by the Superintendent, horses are prohibited in Forillon National Park except on designated trails, and on authorized sections of the "Les Lacs" trail and of the park boundary.
Cycling is prohibited on all hiking trails. They are however permitted on the multi-use trails "Le Portage" and "La Vallée" as well as on the gravel road leading to Cap-Gaspé and the Penouille peninsula access road.
The daily catch limit, including catch and releases, is set at a maximum of 10 mackerel for any person fishing in the Forillon National Park coastal waters.
At all times, it is unlawful to be in possession of more than 10 mackerel. Each fisher is limited to using one fishing line with one simple or triple hook.
It is forbidden to operate a personal watercraft ("Seadoo") in Forillon National Park waters.
Smoking is prohibited inside all public buildings located in Forillon National Park.
It is prohibited to enter and travel on the "Le Quai" rock at Cap-Bon-Ami.
For more informartion, you can contact Park Warden Service: 1 888 762-1422