2013 Photography Contest
During the Orientation and Registration session on Friday evening, Parks Canada launched the “Big Week of Birding 2013 Photography Contest.” Here are the details for those who didn’t make it out on Friday.
1. Submitted photos must be taken during the Big Week of Birding 2013 (between May 25 and June 2, 2013)
2. Submitted photos must be taken within the boundaries of Prince Edward Island National Park
3. Registered participants can submit up to three photos to the contest
4. Photos must be posted to the Big Week of Birding event page on PEI National Park’s Facebook page. Photos can also be sent to André Laurin via email if you do not have a Facebook account
5. Participants are encouraged to vote for their favourite photos by clicking on the “Like” button, as the top 5 photos submitted with the most “Likes” will be judged by a panel of Parks Canada staff and local nature photographer, Shirley Gallant
6. Deadline to “Like” photos will be 12 noon on June 3
7. One photo will be selected from the top five. The winner will receive a framed photo print by Shirley Gallant of Sonny’s Pics
8. Participants agree to grant Parks Canada rights to use submitted photos to promote future Big Week of Birding or other special events either in print, electronically, or other. Participants will retain all other rights to the photographs submitted.