Cycling by the Sea - Gulf Shore Way
There is no better way to explore stunning landscape of PEI’s North Shore than by cycling the Gulf Shore Way. This seaside route is a recent upgrade to PEI National Park that offers a paved, two-way trail that twins the Gulf Shore Parkway, providing cyclists with a smooth surface and a mix of flat stretches and gentle rolling slopes. Wind your way past the iconic red sandstone cliffs of Cavendish, panoramic dunescapes in Brackley, the iconic Covehead lighthouse and six of PEI National Park’s breathtaking supervised beaches. With so much to see and do on route, you’ll love the trip as much as the destination!
*The Woodlands trail and the Reeds & Rushes trail will be closed from May 1 2014 to July 2015. This closure is in effect to facilitate upgrades to the park’s wastewater infrastructure. For more information, please contact us.
All trail distances are return unless otherwise noted.
For trail users, washrooms are available at beach facilities, picnic areas, and some trailhead locations during the following dates:
- Greenwich Trails - May 17 to September 30
- Dalvay Trail House - May 17 to October 13
- Stanhope Beach - May 17 to September 30
- Ross Lane Beach - May 17 to September 30
- Brackley Beach - May 17 to October 19
- Cape Turner - May 17 to September 30
- Cavendish East - June 15 to September 15
- Cavendish Beach - May 17 to September 30
- Cavendish Grove - May 17 to September 30
Trails and other facilities at PEI National Park are not maintained between Thanksgiving and Victoria Day each year. However, visitors are still welcome to use the trails. During this period there is no Parks Canada emergency response.