2017 Dates of Operation: June 16 (first night) – September 3 (last night)
- 983 Gulf Shore Parkway, Stanhope
- Lat.: 46.422486
- Long.: -63.110285
Stanhope Campground is quiet and picturesque and features over 100 sites. The campground is located along the recently developed Gulf Shore Way, a 10km multi-use trail ideal for cycling, inline skating or walking and is a short walk from Stanhope Beach.
The campground offers accessible sites, washroom facilities with hot showers and flush toilets, a laundromat and kitchen shelters. Inquire at the campground kiosk about our beach wheelchair that can be used at Stanhope Beach.
Map of the Stanhope campground (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Check out Prince Edward Island National Park’s newest accommodation option on the North Shore - the authentic oTENTik!
General Camping Information
- Parks Canada operates Stanhope and Cavendish campgrounds in PEI National Park.
- Campsites at Stanhope are 100% reservable during the peak summer season, which runs from June 16 to September 3, 2017.
- Campers must also have a valid park entry pass for the duration of their stay.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am and check-in time is 2:00 pm.
- Quiet hours are enforced between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and cannot be left unattended.
- Pets are prohibited on all beaches from April 1 to October 15, annually.
- One vehicle is permitted per campsite.
- Maximum number of persons per campsite is 6.
- Interpretive programs are available at the campgrounds and throughout the park. These programs are free with a park entry permit and everyone is welcome to attend. Check with kiosk staff or the park guide for up-to-date information.
Details: Things you should know regarding Cavendish and Stanhope Campgrounds (PDF, 146 KB)
Come celebrate Canada 150 with free admission to Prince Edward Island National Park! We encourage all campers to obtain their free Discovery Pass prior to their stay. For a full list of camping and camping services fees visit this page.
To reserve your spot visit the Parks Canada Campground Reservation Service:
Telephone: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)
Reservations can be requested beginning January 23, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. AST.