Parks Canada oTENTik
Prince Edward Island National Park is proud to introduce the newest accommodation option on the North Shore – the authentic oTENTik!
A structure that blends the fun of a tent with the convenience of a cabin, oTENTik is an appealing option for those who want a camping experience without the hassle. Take away the need for piles of supplies, tent pegs, and poles and you’ve got a fuss-free vacation in the making!
The 6 new oTENTiks at Cavendish Campground showcase the very best that this beautiful seaside campground has to offer. Each oTENTik has a different theme reflected in its name and décor and is equipped with its own parking area, deck overlooking stunning Cavendish beach, picnic table, BBQ, fire pit and more. Exclusive to Parks Canada, oTENTiks have been popping up at campgrounds across the country and are quickly becoming a popular choice for visitors. Ditch the gear – opt for an oTENTik!
Inside your oTENTik © Parks Canada
- Sleeping for up to 6 people
- A table and seating for 6 people
- Interior lighting
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Electric heater
- Battery-powered lantern
- Broom and dustpan
- Spacious deck
- Stainless steel BBQ
- Parking for 2 vehicles, space permitting
Please note: there is no plumbing, running water or electricity in the tents.
Two of our units are accessible, with accessible washrooms and showers nearby.
On each campsite
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Adirondack chairs
What to bring
- Sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and toiletries
- Food, drinks and a water container (potable water available on each site)
- Cooking equipment, dishes, eating utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes - the first rule of keeping a clean tent is to remove outdoor footwear
- Matches or lighter to start campfire
- Camping chairs
- A large kitchen shelter
- Coin-operated laundry
- Firewood for purchase
- Beach access and supervised swimming area
- Playground equipment, trails for hiking and cycling
Fees and Reservations
Note: oTENTiks can be reserved fron June 10 - September 13, 2015.
$120.00 per night (taxes included) plus daily entry to Prince Edward Island National Park
Website: Parks Canada Reservation Service
Telephone: 1-877-737-3783 (1-877-RESERVE)
Telephone (Outside of North America): 1-519-826-5391
A few rules
© Parks Canada
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the oTENTiks.
- Pets are NOT permitted in the oTENTiks.
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the oTENTiks. A nearby picnic shelter is available for that purpose.
- No open flames in the oTENTiks.
- Campfires allowed in designated fire pits only.
- In order to protect the forests of PEI National Park against invasive species, please do not bring firewood into the park and only use the firewood available for purchase at the campgrounds.
- No additional camping units are permitted beside the oTENTiks.
- Please remove outdoor footwear when entering the oTENTiks.
- The oTENTiks must be cleaned prior to departure.
Visitors must check in and check out at the Campground Kiosk.
Check-in time: from 2 p.m.
Check-out time: by 11 a.m.