© Parks Canada
Discovery Packs allow you to become the interpreter! The packs are full of great, hands-on activities, suitable for Grades 1-6. All the materials needed for one class of up to 30 students are provided in the pack. Instructions will be sent prior to your visit to allow you time to prepare. You have your choice of two themed packs:
- Marvels of Migration is designed for an exploration of the Tip during fall migration. You'll learn about bird and butterfly migration and why Point Pelee is so important to migration.
- Life in a Great Lakes Marsh is perfect for a visit to the Marsh Boardwalk in the spring. You'll scoop for bugs and have a chance to see up-close some of the insects that call the marsh home. Other activities and games will introduce your students to the intricate web of marsh life.
© Parks Canada
Go on a high tech scavenger hunt starting at the Visitor Centre. You and your students will be challenged to discover six hidden caches in the Carolinian Forest using a GPS unit. Our interpretive staff will give you a brief introduction to Geocaching and how the use of the GPS units before you head out to explore on your own. Follow the clues and answer the trivia questions in your passport card. Suitable for Grade 3 and up.
- GPS units can be rented for $3
- GPS adventure starts and ends at the Visitor Centre
- Certificates awarded upon completion of your passport card
- Leaving trade items is not permitted
Picnic at White Pine
White Pine Picnic area can be reserved for the day. The large grassy space is perfect for games and the large picnic shelter comes complete with a wood burning stove. With easy access to the beach and the Centennial Hike & Bike trail, this is an ideal place to have a school picnic. We'll also provide you with an activity box full of games to encourage physical activity.