Bird watching is a popular activity at Point Pelee© Ryan Pimiskern
Festival of Birds
Every year, come and be part of spring migration at Point Pelee National Park, the special place where birds and birders meet. Visit the official Festival of Birds website where you'll find details on new programs and schedule of events.
Whether it's your first visit or you've been here many times, come find new habitats, new friends and most importantly, birds. Enjoy your visit!
Explore the colourful world of our spring wildflowers! Join a park interpreter on this hour long guided walk through the Carolinian forest in search of blooming wildflowers. You don't need to be a birder to spot these beautiful sights!
Freighter Canoe Tour
Interpreter paddling with group in freighter canoe tour © Parks Canada
Paddle through a land of floating cattail mats and ponds dotted with Lilly pads with an experienced interpreter. Listen for frogs, red-winged blackbirds and the rustling of the cattails in the wind.
- Marsh Boardwalk, 1 hour.
- Daily - 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3 p.m. & 4:30 p.m.
- Paddle through the marsh with a park interpreter in our 10 person canoe.
- Cost: $7.30/person, $20/family (2 adults and youths), includes all equipment.
From the comfort of our theatre, see a turtle or touch a snake!
- Visitor Centre, 15 minutes.
- Daily - 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. & 5:30 p.m.