Experience the Top of the World!
See a stark land of mountains and glaciers. Stand 800 km south of the North Pole as muskoxen graze near Arctic wolves. Hear tales of ancient hunters, polar explorers, and military scientists. Hike at the top of the world.
- Save the dates 3–17 July 2015
- Set aside $8000, which will buy you:
- A round-trip ticket for the charter flight from Resolute Bay to Tanquary Fiord
- A half-day interpretive hike to Kettle Lake
- Park Fees
- A celebratory feast, prepared by Parks Canada staff
- Email Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org He’ll walk you through your options from a fully-catered basecamp to guided and independent trekking
- Fly to Iqaluit
- Connect to Resolute
- Meet the outfitter who’ll fly with you on a Twin Otter deep into the beautiful backcountry of Quttinirpaaq National Park in Nunavut
Questions for us Parks Canada folks?
For more information, read the Visitor Information Package.
Parks Canada’s Nunavut Field Unit looks after 4 national parks (Quttinirpaaq, Auyuittuq, Sirmilik, and Ukkusiksalik) on behalf of all Canadians
Reflection of the Ad Astra ice cap in Tanquary Fiord © Phil McComiskey / Parks Canada
Hiking at Omega Lakes © Parks Canada
Arctic Wolf © Parks Canada
Artifact Replication Workshops
Learn the art of making stone tools like the artifacts found at archaeological sites in Quttinirpaaq National Park.
Mon. to Fri., 11–15 November 2013
South Camp Inn
Contact: Principal, Qarmartalik School
Mon. to Fri., 18–22 November 2013
Contact: Principal, Umimmak School
The workshop is for five days.
Registration is limited to 10 people.
Open to everyone in the community.
Register by telephone or by emailing:
Parks Canada, Iqaluit
Grade 7 and 8 students from Qarmartalik School learning to make stone tools © Parks Canada
Grade 10 students from Qarmartalik School learning to make stone tools © Parks Canada
Kindgergarten students from Qarmartalik School learning to make stone tools © Parks Canada
Grade 3 and 4 students from Qarmartalik School learning to make stone tools © Parks Canada