2016-2017 Winter access
Kejimkujik is a great destination for a winter hike, ski, snowshoe or picnic. During the 2016-17 winter season Kejimkujik is open for day-use activities only. Park/site access and services will be available to visitors at their own risk, as follows:
-The main park/site road will generally be plowed to Mill Falls, Monday to Friday. Access to the main park/site road on weekends and past Mill Falls is weather dependent as there will be no winter maintenance.
- When snow conditions allow, Parks Canada will groom approximately 20 km of cross-country ski trails from Mill Falls.
- Parking is allowed along the side of the main park/site road near the Mill Falls trailhead. There is also lots of parking available in the Visitor Centre parking lot.
- Parks Canada will provide a conditions report weekdays, and the Friends of Keji may post to the Friends of Keji Facebook page on weekends.
- Firewood will be for sale at the picnic shelter at Mill Falls, and the shelter will be available for day use.
- Some pit privies along the trails will be available to visitors.
- Jeremy's Bay Campground, Jim Charles Point Group Campground and backcountry campsites are closed until the spring.
- The gates on the Eel Weir Road (at Grafton Lake) and on Big Dam Road will be locked until the spring.
While Kejimkujik remains open year round, the majority of our facilities and services are closed during the winter season. Unless listed above, the facility, activity or service is likely unavailable until the spring. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-773-8888.
Visitors are responsible for their own safety. Visitors should be aware of changeable weather conditions and winter hazards, and have adequate information and equipment to ensure a safe visit.
2017 Special Events
The list of special events for the 2017 season is now available! You may also consult the full list of Parks Canada special events in Mainland Nova Scotia.
2017 camping season reservations
Reservations for the 2017 camping season can be made via the Parks Canada Reservation System as of Monday, January 23rd, 2017 8:00 am AST, either online at www.reservation.parkscanada.gc.ca, or by phone at 1-877-737-3783.
Keji at a glance
Check out the Friends of Keji webcam for a glimpse at the road near the entrance of the park.