No gear? No problem! We’ve got you covered!
- Hassle free family vacations
- Awesome trips with friends
- Easy camping for international travellers
- Equipment you don't have to buy or borrow
- Planning your camping trip couldn’t be easier!
Let Parks Canada help you discover the freedom of camping!
Parks Canada in partnership with Mountain Equipment Co-op is now offering Equipped Campsites at Chéticamp Campground in Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
Equipped Campsites provide the opportunity to go camping even if you don’t have camping equipment or simply want to avoid the hassle of organizing and packing everything for your camping trip.
We've got an Equipped Campsite waiting for you; you will need to bring a sense of adventure and your personal items (see packing list to make sure you bring everything you need).
Go camping the easy way at Cape Breton Highlands National Park!
- a tent to fit up to six people
- sleeping pads
- dining shelter
- camping chairs
- propane stove
- cooking gear
- utensils (including cups and mugs)
- wash bins
Water taps and washrooms with showers are located nearby. No food or drink permitted in the tents.
Free Internet access within a 5 minute walk at the Chéticamp Visitor Centre.
What to Bring
(This list is not exhaustive)
- Campers should bring warm bedding and all other items. Sleeping bags with a temperature rating of -10ºC are recommended in May and September.
- Food, drinks, water container and cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes
- Matches or a lighter for lighting the outdoor fire pit
Equipped campsites can be reserved with the National Parks Canada Campground Reservation Service, by using the 24-hour Internet service or by dialing toll free (within North America) 1-877-737-3783 (1-877-RESERVE), 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time. If you are calling from outside North America, dial 1-519-826-5391 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m. AST).