Kouchibouguac National Park of Canada
Connect with nature. Learn the tips and tricks of birdwatching. Locate the North Star or attend a nature exhibit.
Challenge: The "Big Day" Weekend
Birdwatchers are invited to flock to the park for the first annual “Big Day" weekend to list as many species as possible or to contribute to the Maritime Shorebird Survey.
Friday, September 6th
- 10:00 am - Wigwam Gathering at Callanders (English)
- 1:30 pm - Guided Walk at Bog Trail (English)
- 2:00 pm - Exhibit and Solar Observation at Kellys Beach (Bilingual)
- 8:00 pm - Outdoor Theatre (French)
- 9:30 pm - Stargazing near camping site #194 (English)
Guided stargazing activity to locate "What’s up!" Meet at campsite # 194.
Saturday, September 7th
- 8:30 am - Voyageur Canoe Adventure (Bilingual)
- 10:00 am - Solar Observation at camping site #194 (English)
- 2:00 pm - Introduction to Birdwatching (Bilingual)
Learn a few tips and tricks of the trade and put them into practice. Birders and want-to-be birders are meeting at the Kitchen Shelter across from campsite 200. Binoculars recommended but not required.
- 2:00 pm - Solar Observation at Kellys Beach (English)
- 2:30 pm - Lagoon Life (Bilingual)
- 8:00 pm - "What's up?" — Dark Sky Presentation (English)
Adrien Bordage, a member of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, presents what we see in Kouchibouguac’s Dark September Skies.
- 9:30 pm - Stargazing (English)
Guided stargazing activity to locate "What’s up" Meet at campsite # 194.
Sunday, September 8th
- 7:30 am - Guided Birdwatching (Bilingual)
Meet us at Kellys Canteen for a shorebird Guided Walk along the dunes and lagoons of the park. Bring your binoculars.
- 10:00 am - Wigwam Gathering (Bilingual)
- 2:00 pm - Exhibit at Kellys Beach (Bilingual)
- Watch Kouchibouguac — September 6-7-8
- Art in the Park — September 13-14-15
- Celebrating Mi’kmaq Heritage — September 20-21-22
- Move with Kouchibouguac — September 27-28-29
- Kouchibouguac’s Festival of Colours — October 11-12-13