Kouchibouguac National Park of Canada
Festival of Colours
Challenge: Walk/hike 5 km or participate in the campground activities
Walk/hike 5 km or participate in the campground activities and fill out a participation ballot at the park visitor center or at the campground kiosk.
Friday, October 11th
Saturday, October 12th
Sunday, September 15th
- 7:00 am - 5th Annual Luc Gallant Marathon
- 9:30 am and 11:00 am - Voyageur Canoe on the Kouchibouguac River — Departure from Ryans. (Free activity, park entry fee still applies. 8 passengers per outing)
- 11:00 am - Winners of the campsite decorating contest and the pumpkin carving contest will be announced.
- 2:00 pm - Exhibit at Kellys Beach (Bilingual)
Afternoon of family activities in South Kouchibougac Campground: Register your team (10 persons per team) by calling 876-2443 or at the campground kiosk.
Washer Toss Competition
Register your teams of 2 by calling 876-2443 or at the campground kiosk. Meet at the shelter near the campsite 269.
Throughout the weekend
Campsite Decorating Contest
- Decorate your campsite to reflect the beautiful fall colors.
- Please remember that it is not permitted to break/cut trees or branches so be creative!
- Campsite must be returned to its original conditions upon departure.
Pumpkin Carving Contest
- 40 pumpkins available at the kiosk. First come, first served!
- Bring your tools
- Once it is completed, display your pumpkin near your campsite number.
- Pumpkins and pumpkin cuttings must be disposed of appropriately.
- Watch Kouchibouguac — September 6-7-8
- Art in the Park — September 13-14-15
- Celebrating Mi’kmaq Heritage — September 20-21-22
- Move with Kouchibouguac — September 27-28-29
- Kouchibouguac’s Festival of Colours — October 11-12-13