Winter bucket list
Black bears hibernate, but that doesn't mean you have to! Kouchibouguac National Park is open year-round and has plenty of awesome experiences to offer in the winter. Here are a few we think you should have on your winter bucket list:
Race down Patterson Hill
Spend a day with the family on the hill! Located about 2 km from the Pijeboogwek parking lot. A perfect family adventure!
Snowshoeing off the beaten path
Feeling more adventurous? Then go off the beaten path and create your own trail! There’s plenty of room for everyone!
- Go to Snowshoeing
Ski in the dark
Put on your headlamps and bring hot chocolate. There is really something magical about skiing at night. Take a moment to look up at the stars – you’re in a Dark Sky Preserve after all!
Go on a bird watching trek
There’s really nothing quite like observing wildlife in a national park... especially with absolutely no mosquitoes to bug you!
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. Pay phones are located at Pijeboogwek and at the visitor reception centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before skiing.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. Stay on designated trails.
- Check ice conditions before crossing rivers and estuaries.
Winter Activities Menu