Cross Country Skiing
15 km of cross-country ski trails are groomed to accommodate both the classic and ski skating techniques.
The Pijeboogwek waxing hut, located across the road from the Park Information Centre, welcomes skiers at the start of the trail system. This heated shelter is equipped with benches, waxing tables and toilets.
Seven other shelters located along the trails offer dry toilets, picnic tables, wood stoves and firewood. The longest distance between 2 shelters is 2.8 km.
Cross Country Ski Equipment Rental
Equipment is available for rent at the Pijeboogwek waxing hut 5 days a week, Thursday to Monday.
Conditions can vary on a daily basis. Please check our Trail Condition Report for the latest trail updates.
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. Pay phones are located at Pijeboogwek and at the visitor reception centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before skiing.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. Stay on designated trails.
- Check ice conditions before crossing rivers and estuaries.
Winter Activities Menu