© Parks Canada / R. Stimpson
In order to keep Country Ski trails in the best condition possible, walkers are asked to use the 2 trails that are specifically groomed for Winter walking. These 2 trails are:
Trail linking the Visitor Reception Centre to the Kouchibouguac Resort (1.5 km) just outside the Park: Trail can be accessed from the Visitor Reception Centre or from the Kouchibouguac Resort on route 134.
Trail linking the old covered bridge site to Middle Kouchibouguac (1 km). Accessible from route 117. (Please don't walk directly on the cross-country ski trails on your way to the Middle Kouchibouguac shelter)
Each one of these trails leads to a shelter. See park map.
Trail conditions can vary on a daily basis. Click here for the Trail Condition Report. If you wish to receive trail conditions by e-mail, send us an e-mail.
*Note : Winter walking trail conditions are usually better a couple of days following a snow fall.
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. Pay phones are located at Pijeboogwek and at the visitor reception centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before skiing.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. Stay on designated trails.
- Check ice conditions before crossing rivers and estuaries.
Winter Activities Menu