Kouchibouguac National Park of Canada
Showshoeing is one of the most popular winter activities at Kouchibouguac National Park. © Dave Kane
Yes, the park is open year round — even in the winter! Stop at the Pijeboogwek waxing hut located across the road from the Visitor Reception Centre. Attendants will help you plan your day.
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. Pay phones are located at Pijeboogwek and at the visitor reception centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before skiing.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. Stay on designated trails.
- Check ice conditions before crossing rivers and estuaries.