VISITOR FACILITIES ATTENDANTS
Type of Employment - Term ( part-time and full-time),August to September 2013
Jasper Field Unit, Jasper, Alberta
Rate of Pay: $17.59 per hour
Summary of Duties:
Cleans and maintains Parks Canada Agency buildings/facilities and grounds to enhance the visitor experience.
Area of Consideration:
Persons eligible to work in Canada and living within a 90 km radius of Jasper, Alberta
The distance between your residence or your employment location and the position location will be determined using data provided by the Natural Resources Canada, Geomatics Canada's website. For information on how to use this website please see:http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/toporama/index.html#
Quote Selection Process Number: 2013-PKS-JNP-ER-055
Closing Date: August 12, 2013
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements for the position and must include:
- your résumé;
- your cover letter demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the position;
- indicating your preferred official language for correspondence and assessment;
- two work references.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
General Enquiries: Sigrid Griffin at 780-852-6183
Submit your application to:
Human Resources Jasper National Park P.O. Box 10, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Fax: (780) 852- 6122
Email address: email@example.com
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Language Requirement: English
- Acceptable training and/or experience in cleaning practices.
- Preference may be given to candidates with a valid Class 5 Drivers License. Copy of Drivers License must be included with application.
- Knowledge of the use of common cleaning agents, implements required and cleaning practices;
- Knowledge of Parks Canada mandate.
- To implement standard cleaning procedures;
- To communicate effectively;
- To analyse and evaluate;
- To plan and organise.
Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes:
- Personally connects with people;
- Takes responsibility;
- Exercises sound judgement;
- Strives for excellence.
Conditions of Employment:
- Willingness to work shift work, weekends and alone as required;
- Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions;
- Willingness to wear safety equipment if required;
- Willingness to wear identifier clothing as required by the supervisor;
- Successful completion and maintenance of reliability security clearance.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Ces renseignements sont également offerts en français.