PARKS CANADA AGENCY
DISPATCH AND EMERGENCY SERVICES DISPATCHER
Type of Employment: Term, May to September 2014
Jasper Field Unit, Jasper, Alberta
Salary: $24.13 per hour
Summary of Duties:
- Efficiently operate a multi functional telephone and radio system;
- Work alone and/ with a coworker monitoring emergency and park personnel;
- Work with a variety of computer programs, including, excel, word, access;
- Gather information for and complete a road report to be sent out to stakeholders;
- Be able to multi task and prioritise in stressful situations.
Area of Consideration: Persons who reside in Jasper, Alberta.
Quote Selection Process Number: 2014-PKS-JNP-ER-016
Closing Date: March 14, 2014 (11:59pm MST)
Language: Knowledge of the English language is essential
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
Intent/Result of this process: This process may be used to staff similar positions of various lengths of term and may be used to staff indeterminately.
General Enquiries: Patrick Harvey at 780-852-6155.
Submit your application to:
Human Resources, Jasper National Park, Box 10 Jasper, AB. T0E 1E0
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of the English language is essential.
Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- In working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- In dealing with the public and providing accurate advice and information.
- Working with computers (including database, spreadsheets and word processing).
- Of the National Park Act and Regulations.
- Of Jasper National Park and Alberta District services and facilities.
- Of emergency standards and procedures relating to Jasper National Park.
Preference may be given to candidates who have had previous emergency services experience and who already possess certification in EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch).
- To analyze and evaluate.
- To communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- To be able to multi-task under stressful conditions.
Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes:
- Effective interpersonal relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
- Maintain valid CPR certification.
- Successful completion of the Emergency Medical Dispatcher course within a specified period of time.
- Completion and maintenance of reliability clearance (including fingerprinting) required.
Jasper Dispatch and Emergency Services is a 24 hour operation and the successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts over this 24 hour period, including nights, holidays and weekends.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Ces renseignements sont également offerts en français.