WATER/WASTEWATER SYSTEMS OPERATOR II – EG 03
Type of Employment -- Indeterminate
Business Unit: Lake Louise, Yoho and Kootenay Field Unit- Townsites
Work Location: Lake Louise, AB
Salary: $48,333 - $58,801 per year (currently under review)
Summary of Duties:
Provides water/wastewater operator and plant/facility maintenance and repair services for the operation of water/wastewater facilities. Services are provided in one or more level 3 wastewater facilities and level 1 or 2 water treatment facilities.
Area of Consideration: Employees of Parks Canada Agency and residents of Canada.
Open to: Parks Canada Agency considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
Quote Selection Process Number: 2013-PKS-LLYK-RM-02
Closing Date: May 20, 2013
Language: English Essential
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements for the position and must include:
- your résumé;
- your cover letter demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the position;
- indicating your preferred official language for correspondence and assessment;
Additional information may be requested after closing date for screening and/or assessment purposes.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
Technical Services Coordinator
Lake Louise, Yoho, Kootenay Field Unit- Townsites
403-522-3623 or Darrell.email@example.com
Submit your application to:
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Language Requirement: English Essential
Education: Graduation from an accredited Water and Wastewater Technician Program or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
Level 1 Water Treatment and Level 2 Water and Wastewater Certification from Alberta Environment or provincial equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in water and wastewater treatment;
- Microbiological and chemical laboratory analysis;
- The use of various software applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Parks Canada, its objectives and mandate;
- Methods, techniques and practices required in the operation, monitoring, maintenance and repair of two distinct wastewater treatment processes using biological nutrient removal, effluent filtration and membrane bioreactor technology;
- Techniques and practices to use Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition software;
- Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines, Provincial Drinking Water Guidelines, Environment Canada Effluent Guidelines, and Parks Canada targets for wastewater effluent and drinking water quality.
- Troubleshoot and identify potential problems related to water distribution and sewage collection and to determine corrective action;
- Respond to emergency situations in the plant and utility operations, by assessing and determining the most appropriate course of action within limited time constraints;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Work both independently and in a team environment.
Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes:
- Makes things happen;
- Exercises sound judgment;
- Personally connects with people;
- Takes responsibility;
- Demonstrates integrity.
- Conditions of Employment:
- Security Screening: Obtain and maintain Reliability Status.
- Maintenance of a valid Class 3 Driver’s License;
- Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform and personal protective equipment;
- Willingness to work in variable weather conditions;
- Willingness to complete First Aid Certification and CPR/AED;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial holidays.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Ces renseignements sont également offerts en français.