Lifeguard- GS MPS 05
Type of Employment -- Term
Hot Springs Enterprise Unit - Radium Hot Springs Pools
Wage: $23.66 - $25.72 per hour
Summary of Duties: Provides lifeguard services and related reception, information, cashier and janitorial services to guests in pools, to contribute to visitor use and enjoyment in a safe, secure environment.
Area of Consideration: Persons residing within a 300 km radius of Radium Hot Springs, BC.
Parks Canada Agency considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
Quote Selection Process Number: 2013-PKS-LLYK-RM-065-B
Submit your application by email to:
Closing Date: Applications must be received on or before July 24, 2013
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements for the position and must include:
- your résumé;
- your cover letter demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the position;
- indicating your preferred official language for correspondence and assessment;
- Additional information may be requested after closing date for screening and/or assessment purposes.
- Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
- Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
- Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
Radium Hot Springs Enterprise Unit
250-347-9390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Language Requirement: English Essential
Education: Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards; or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
- Providing information and service to the public;
- Point of sale equipment operation, cash handling, and balancing daily sales;
- Cleaning washrooms and facilities in a commercial setting.
- Parks Canada, its objectives and mandate;
- Canadian Rockies Hot Springs facilities, Banff, Yoho & Kootenay National Parks and surrounding areas;
- Cash handling practices;
- Health & Safety practices, including safe cleaning practices;
- Pool operations.
Client Focus – Providing service excellence to internal and/or external client;
Concern for Safety – Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others; conduct emergency procedures and first aid;
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making;
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals;
Attention to detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner;
Enforcement – Understanding and applying enforcement policies to detect violations of legislation, identify conditions and/or persons responsible, and take appropriate action;
Initiative – Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes:
- Makes things happen;
- Exercises sound judgment;
- Personally connects with people;
- Takes responsibility;
- Demonstrates integrity.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security Screening: Obtain and maintain Reliability Status.
- Possession and maintenance of the following certifications:
- A Valid Canadian National Lifeguard Service (NLS) Certification;
- CPR “Basic Rescuer” or “C” level;
- Standard First Aid.
- Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform and personal protective equipment;
- Willingness to work in variable weather conditions;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Ces renseignements sont également offerts en français.