Kwisitis Visitor Centre
After receiving a new roof, a new ramp, new exhibits and a new name, the Kwisitis Visitor Centre re-opened on March 17, 2012 for a new season.
Kwisitis, or the "other end of the beach" in the Nuu-chah-nulth language, is a fitting name for this iconic west coast building perched at the south end of Wickaninnish Beach in beautiful Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
Kwisitis Visitor Centre at Pacific Rim National Park Reserve (YouTube Version)
The outside deck is the perfect year-round spot to view whales, storms and surfers alike. Inside the centre, new exhibits about the land, sea, sky and people of the area await you:
- See the giant murals of marine mammals and the rainforest.
- Take a photo in front of the large whale tail.
- Listen to stories of the First Nations of this coast.
- Ride a giant slug.
- Explore a replica of a First Nations longhouse and whale hunt.
- Examine tracks of bears, wolves and cougars and other critters that use our beaches.
- Learn about the fascinating history of the west coast.
- Find out how salmon nurture the rainforest.
- Visit the First Nations Gift Shop.
- Leave us a note. Let us know what you think!
Kwisitis Feast House
Perched at the east end of Wickanninish Beach with a stunning location, the Kwisitis Feast House delights diners with a menu rooted in the history of the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ First Nation, and aims to enrich the experience of diners by sharing great food inspired by local Nuu-chah-nulth cuisine.
With traditional and non-traditional menu options, the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ First Nation welcomes you to the new Kwisitis Feast House to share a thoughtfully prepared meal amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the setting.
Hours of operations
- Summer: 11 am to 9 pm everyday (June through October)
- Fall, Spring & Winter: Open Fridays & Saturdays, 11:30 am - 8 pm, and Sundays for Brunch, 10 am to 4 pm.
The Kwisitis Feast House is located in the Kwisitis Visitor Centre on Wickaninnish Beach, in the Long Beach Unit of Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
The menu includes authentic First Nations cuisine including fish soup, fish hash, bannock and fried bread. There is a little bit of everything for the whole family and recently Sushi has been added to the menu. The menu features local BC wines as well as brews from the local Tofino Brewery.
Don’t forget the breathtaking views! As the day comes to an end, bask in a spectacular sunset while indulging in local Dungeness crab or a BBQ’d locally caught fresh salmon fillet.
Catering & Special Events
Need catering for your group or special occasions? The Kwisitis Feast House can provide catered meals ranging from a light brunch/lunch buffet to a full evening meal for your group. For more information on group or special event bookings, see Kwisitis Feast House Reservations.
For more information on the Kwisitis Feast House, please contact Kent or Tyson at 250-726-2628 or email email@example.com or visit the Kwisitis Feast House Website
*Prices, hours and menu items are subject to change at any time.