Kootenay National Park of Canada
In our National Parks, be sure to:
Give wildlife space
- It is against the law to touch, entice, disturb or otherwise harass any wild animals – big or small.
Keep food away from wildlife
- Feeding any park wildlife is prohibited. Always keep coolers stored in vehicles. Pick up litter and dispose of garbage in bearproof bins.
Put pets on a leash
- Unrestrained pets may harass wildlife, provoke wildlife attacks and endanger people.
Leave it for others to enjoy
- Whatever treasure you find – be it a rock, a flower, an antler or an historic artifact – it belongs where it is.
- Areas may be temporarily closed for safety or environmental reasons. Closures are marked with signs and/or flagging tape.
- Firearms must remain in your vehicle at all times, unloaded, and in a case or wrapped and securely tied so that no part of the firearm is exposed.
Help protect people and the park
- Call 1-888-WARDENS if you see anyone violating park regulations.
- Please report all bear, cougar, or wolf sightings, or aggressive behaviour by any wildlife to the nearest Park Warden Office or Information Centre.