Camping at Sidney Spit
Camping | Front Country Camping | Back Country Camping
© Parks Canada
Minimum Age Requirement for Camping Permit Holders:
In order to facilitate safe and enjoyable camping experiences in the park, and in keeping with British Columbia's age of majority, campers must be at least 19 years of age to obtain a camping permit at Gulf Islands National Park Reserve.
Sidney Spit offers walk-in camping and a group site. The spit is accessible during the summer by a walk-on ferry from the Town of Sidney. Visitors camping here must be registered at a designated campsite before the last ferry leaves the island for the day.
Group Camping at Sidney Spit
|Party (# of people per site)
- 6 people (exceptions may be possible for 2 adults with their dependent children to a maximum of 7 people)
- Up to 30 people.
- Groups pay “per party.” Fees are determined based on the number of parties in your group.
- NOTE: Your group might require a special event permit.
- Groups ages 18 and under.
- Youth Groups pay a flat rate. This also applies to school or not-for profit groups.
- NOTE: Your group might require a special activity permit.
Although potable water is available at Sidney Spit, the sodium content is high and is not recommended for people with health conditions.
For campsite reservations, book on-line at Parks Canada Reservation Service or by phone at 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783).
For group campsite reservations, call 1-866-944-1744.
Policies: Back Country Camping
|Maximum Length of Stay
||10:00pm to 8:00am.
||Campfires are PROHIBITED.
||Moderate alcohol consumption is permitted on a registered campsite.
||Pets must be kept on leash at all times.
Click here for rules that apply throughout the park.
For more information, call 1-250-654-4000 or 1-866-944-1744 or email us.