Waterton Wildflower Festival © Parks Canada
Waterton Wildflower Festival
June 19 - 24
Join in a variety of activities celebrating Waterton’s spectacular wildlfowers.
For more information, visit the Waterton Wildflower Festival website.
Friday, July 1 - free entry
Celebrate Canada’s birthday in Waterton Lakes National Park!
Canada Day © Parks Canada
- 10:30 a.m. Bike parade participants meet in front of Waterton United Church
- 11:00 a.m. Bike parade starts
- 11:30 a.m. Flag-raising ceremony
- Lunch and activities to follow
- Free cake and lemonade, and $3 hot dog lunch
- Kid’s activities begin
- Activities include: face painting, crafts, lawn games and traditional Indigenous games
- 4:00 p.m. Free performance of James and the Giant Peach at the Lion’s Hall (presented by Waterton Teenie Weenie Theatre Company)*
- 8:00 p.m. Interpretive programs at Crandell Theatre and Falls Theatre*
Saturday, July 16
Explore the best of Waterton’s behind-the-scenes secrets.
Science and History Day
Would you like to hear first-hand accounts of the latest wildlife, vegetation and historical discoveries in Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park? This incredible day gives researchers, scientists and historians the opportunity to share their knowledge and findings with the public. This special event, which alternates between the two parks, is in Waterton Lakes National Park this year.
Perseids Meteor Shower
Friday, August 12 and Saturday, August 13
Check out our amazing night skies during the Perseids meteor shower (clear skies permitting).
Waterton Pow Wow
Wednesday, August 24
Participate in traditional and contemporary aboriginal dancing, music, art, and cuisine.
Waterton Wildlife Weekend
September 23 - 25
Waterton’s wildlife is at its best in the fall. This special weekend features a variety of wildlife events.
For the latest updates on our special events and other information on Waterton Lakes National Park, follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.