Highway construction in Jasper National Park
Parks Canada is doing work on Highways 16, 93, and 93A this summer that will impact your travel in and out of Jasper.
Construction inside the park will generally take place on highway and bridge projects from 7 am to 7 pm with no work on long weekends. Bridge lane reductions and lane width narrowing are in effect 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
It is a also good idea to check the latest road construction conditions to ensure you don’t miss your flight, bus, or train.
A great trip starts with good planning:
- Visit pc.gc.ca/jasperinfrastructure to see if any road or facility work might impact your trip.
- For the most up-to-date road information, check www.511.alberta.ca or dial 511 (in Alberta only);
- For the most up-to-date road information on the British Columbia side of the park, check www.drivebc.ca or dial 1-800-550-4997;
- Give yourself extra time to reach your destination. Plan for your own comfort by taking along water and some snacks;
- If possible, plan your travel for early in the day or in the evening.
Alberta 511 - Highway 16 East of Jasper Park East Gate
British Columbia (DriveBC) WebCams