Cottage Tents – The Experience
New to camping? Don’t like the idea of buying gear or the hassle of setting up camp? Then perhaps luxury tenting is for you.
Whistler’s campground is now offering canvas-walled cottage tents, where you can ‘rough it’ without getting your clothes ruffled.
Cottage Tent in Jasper National Park © Parks Canada
Each cottage tent has all the basic comforts of home - wooden floors, beds, heat, lights and cooking gear.
Three tents are available by advance booking, and each can accommodate up to 4 adults and 2 children, at a cost of $90 per night.
Reserve your spot by calling 1-877-RESERVE (737-3783) or by visiting Parks Canada Reservation Service.
A wheelchair-accessible tent is available.
The Campsite Includes:
- Canvas-walled cottage tent (14’X20’)
- Fire box
- Picnic table
- Food locker ( 24” X 24” X 42”)
- Parking site for one vehicle
NOTE: Public showers, washrooms, cook shelter and split firewood located nearby
Cottage tents include:
- Sleeping space for four adults and two children
Cottage Tent in Jasper National Park© Parks Canada
- One queen bed and two bunk beds with mattresses
- Two fold-out lounge chairs that convert into single beds
- Two electric wall lights
- Two electric baseboard heaters. NOTE: these are just to take the chill off, and do not provide full heat
- Rods /hooks for hanging clothes/bedding
What you should bring / know:
- Bring your own sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Bring warm clothing, flashlight, rain gear, day pack, sturdy walking shoes and water bottle
- Bring your own food, drinks and a water container (Campground water is potable)
- Consider bringing inside slippers or shoes, since the first rule of keeping a clean tent is to remove outdoor footwear
- An axe (if you know how to use one)
- Matches or lighter to start fire
- Smoking is not permitted within the tents
- For safety reasons, no cooking, storing or eating food allowed inside tents (upon arrival campground staff will provide information on camping safely in bear country
- Pets are NOT allowed in the tents
- There are no electrical outlets on site
Check-in for Cottage Tents is between 2pm and 11pm. Staff will be unavailable to check people in outside of these times.
Download a printable version: PDF 507,06 KB
Note: To read the PDF version you need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system.
If the Adobe download site is not accessible to you, you can download Acrobat Reader from an accessible page.
If you choose not to use Acrobat Reader you can have the PDF file converted to HTML or ASCII text by using one of the conversion services offered by Adobe.