Towards an Implementation Strategy for the Maligne Valley
What is the Maligne Valley Implementation Strategy?
The Maligne Valley Implementation Strategy is an action plan that will guide Parks Canada’s work in the valley over the next five to eight years. The Implementation Strategy will elaborate upon the direction within the 2010 Jasper National Park Management Plan.
How is Parks Canada developing the Implementation Strategy?
In order to identify more detailed and specific actions for the Maligne Valley, Parks Canada is:
- Reviewing the current situation in the valley to better understand the issues identified in the Jasper National Park Management Plan;
- Developing more detailed objectives for what we want to achieve in the valley; and
- Identifying potential actions that could assist us in meeting those objectives
We have started by documenting what we know about the valley in a Situation Analysis. Later this fall, we will be discussing proposed actions for the valley.
We value your input
Public involvement is a cornerstone of policy, planning and management practices of Parks Canada. It helps to ensure sound decision-making, build public understanding, and provide opportunities for Canadians to contribute their knowledge, expertise and suggestions. Parks Canada will be soliciting your input in two phases.
Maligne Valley Implementation Strategy - Download PDF 4,53 MB
UPDATED! March 19, 2014
Phase 1 Engagement:
Is now Closed
Thank you to everyone who provided their feedback to us on:
What's working well in the Maligne Valley?
What needs improvement?
What does success look like?
What's your role in helping us achieve success?
Attached is a summary of what Parks Canada heard at the November 6 Annual Public Forum as well as a summary of what Parks Canada heard through the 29 correspondences received regarding the Maligne Valley Situation Analysis.
Phase 2 Engagement:
Discuss the proposed actions for the Maligne Valley
- Anticipated to begin in April 2014.
- A copy of the Draft Proposed Implementation Strategy will be available upon request in April 2014 by e-mailing: email@example.com
- Attend the public meeting in Jasper anticipated in late April or early May (Stay tuned).
- Provide your comments by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalizing the Implementation Strategy
- Anticipated to begin in June/July 2014.
- Parks Canada will review what we heard through the spring public consultations and finalize the Maligne Valley Implementation Strategy, for approval by the Park Superintendent.
- Information about the final Implementation Strategy will be posted on-line at this website.
Maligne Valley Situation Analysis Map
© Parks Canada