Astotin Lake Campground
Visitors relax in their campsite at the Astotin Lake Campground.
© Parks Canada
Enjoy a true wilderness experience less than an hour east of Edmonton! Overlooking a picturesque marsh, Sandy Beach is a spectacular place to watch sunsets and starry skies. Nestled in the Astotin Lake Area, the campground is close to the beach, soccer field, playground, golf course and theatre during the months of July and August. Enjoy the nostalgia of camping in the very heart of Elk Island, where it all began back in 1906.
Astotin Lake Campground features,
- 69 unserviced campsites
- 100% reservable, contact the Parks Canada Reservation Service.
- Accessible washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
- Centrally located shared camp kitchens
- Water taps throughout the campground
- Firewood (permit can be purchased at the campground kiosk)
- RV dump/fill stations
Each Campsite includes,
- Picnic table
- Fire-pit (A fire permit must be purchased when checking in at the Campground Kiosk.)
- Raised, gravel camping area.
Reservations are recommended.
To reserve a campsite, please visit http://reservation.parkscanada.gc.ca or
dial toll free 1-877-737-3783 (1-877-RESERVE)
Reservation Launch Date: January 15, 2016 8:00am M.S.T.
Campground Operating Season: Mid-May to Thanksgiving Day (weather permitting)
Campground Reservable Period: Mid-May to Thanksgiving Day (weather permitting)
Campground Check In / Check Out
- Check in at the Astotin Lake Campground Kiosk upon arrival.
Check in time is 2:00 pm.
Check out time is 11:00 am.
If you will be arriving after the campground kiosk is closed please follow the self-registration procedures posted on the Astotin Lake Campground kiosk bulletin board.
Map of Astotin Lake Campground (click for larger version)
© Parks Canada