Astotin Lake Campground
Plan your trip ahead by reserving a campsite through the Parks Canada Campground Reservation Service (PCRS):
To reserve a campsite, please visit http://reservation.parkscanada.gc.ca or
dial toll free 1-877-737-3783 (1-877-RESERVE)
Reservation Launch Date: January 15, 2016 8:00am M.S.T.
Campground Operating Season: Mid-May to Thanks Giving Day (weather permitting)
Campground Reservable Period: Mid-May to Labour Day
New Parks Canada Campground Reservation Dates
Elk Island National Park – January 15, 2016
Start planning your next camping trip now! Campground reservations for the Elk Island National Park 2016 camping season begin at 08:00 on January 15, 2016.
For more information please visit Parks Canada’s Planning Your Visit, Reservation Service webpage.
Astotin Lake Campground is located in the Astotin Lake Area of Elk Island National Park. The campground is comprised of 71 unserviced sites (Main Loop 38 sites; RV Loop 23 sites; Walk-In-Tenting Loop 10 sites) as well as an unserviced overflow area. Flush toilets, free showers, food storage lockers, a pay telephone, and picnic shelters are located in the main portion of the campground. The washrooms and one campsite are accessible to persons with disabilities. Firewood provided is unsplit; purchase fire permit and bring an axe.
Important : A valid park permit (day pass or annual pass) must be displayed while in the National Park ( Fees ). Fees associated with camping are extra.
Please help us keep national park campgrounds enjoyable places to stay. To maintain these natural surroundings for others to enjoy, we ask for your co-operation on the following items:
- The campground is patrolled.
- Liquor is permitted only in registered campsites, with the exception of long weekends when liquor bans are in effect. Excessive comsumption will not be tolerated.
- Be considerate of your neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times. Enforced quiet hours are 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Generator operation hours are 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Only registered campers are allowed in the campground after 11:00 p.m.
- It is unlawful to harass, feed, or entice wildlife with food, or to remove or deface any natural feature. Please do not remove branches from trees or pick wildflowers or mushrooms. Do not affix anything to trees.
- Keep vehicles and camp equipment within the designated campsite. The undergrowth in this campground cannot sustain heavy use, so please stay on footpaths and roadways.
- Only one vehicle is permitted per site. Guests of registered campers and any additional vehicles should be parked in the main parking lot by beach.
- Wild animals, even small ones, can be dangerous and are attracted by food smells. Care in handling and storing food is a good way to prevent unwelcome visitors. Avoid cooking inside tents or tent trailers, and always store food supplies (including coolers or food storage lockers) in the car trunk when they are not required to prepare or consume meals.
- Place garbage in the receptacles provided. Do not keep garbage at your campsite overnight where wildlife will be attracted to it. Recycling bins are located by the washroom buildings.
- Dispose of black water at the sani-station.
- Washrooms are not to be used for laundry or dishes, or for sleeping.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times and are not permitted in kitchen shelters or washrooms.
- Check out and registration time is 11:00 a.m., check in is 2 p.m. The maximum length of stay in campgrounds is 21 days unless otherwise posted.
- At the discretion of park personnel, a camping permit may be revoked when a camper or a member of the camping group is found in violation of the park regulations.
- Dial 911 for emergencies.
- Hospitals are located in Lamont (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Fort Saskatchewan.
- Cell phones can be used at the site and a pay telephone is located by washrooms in main parking lot by the beach.
- 24-hour emergency number is 1-877-852-3100. Response time may be up to one hour.
For information on activities and services, call the Park. Information is also available at the gates and at the Information Centre during hours of operation. Watch for special events posted on Park bulletin boards and on our website.