Banff National Park of Canada
National Park Regulations
In our National Parks, be sure to:
Give wildlife space
- It is against the law to touch, entice, disturb or otherwise harass any wild animals big or small.
Keep food away from wildlife
- Feeding any park wildlife is prohibited. Always keep coolers stored in vehicles. Pick up litter and dispose of garbage in bearproof bins.
Put pets on a leash
- Unrestrained pets may harass wildlife, provoke wildlife attacks and endanger people.
Leave it for others to enjoy
- Whatever treasure you find be it a rock, a flower, an antler or an historic artifact it belongs where it is.
- Areas may be temporarily closed for safety or environmental reasons. Closures are marked with signs and/or flagging tape.
- Firearms must remain in your vehicle at all times, unloaded, and in a case or wrapped and securely tied so that no part of the firearm is exposed.
Help protect people and the park
- If you see anyone violating National Parks regulations, or if you see any suspicious activities, please call the 24 hour WILDLIFE WATCH phone line at 1-888-WARDENS (1-888-927-3367).
- Please report all bear, cougar, or wolf sightings, or aggressive behaviour by any wildlife to the nearest Park Warden Office or Information Centre.
For more detailed information about National Parks Legislation and associated regulations, please see the following link