Name the Trails Contest
Parks Canada and The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise are proud to announce the creation of two new snowshoe trails at Lake Louise. There’s just one thing missing- their names! Go out and experience one or both of these easy snowshoe trails and get inspired. Submit your name suggestions and you could be the one to tag the trails and win fabulous prizes. If that’s not enough inspiration to get you out there, try to find our geocaches.
Each winner will receive:
- Parks Canada National Discovery Pass (Family/Group). This annual pass gives you unlimited opportunities to enjoy more than 100 National Parks, National Marine Conservation Areas and National Historic Sites across Canada that charge entry fees.
- Accommodation at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for a family (2 adults, 2 children) on June 30 and July 1, 2014
- Breakfast at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise on July 1 and July 2, 2014
- Invitation to all Canada Day activities at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Official Contest Rules:
- Name is linked to the character of the place and to the participant’s experience
Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday March 31, 2014. Parks Canada and The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise assumes no responsibility for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
The contest is open to all persons residing in Canada, except for employees, agents, and/or representatives of Parks Canada and The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and any persons with whom these persons are residing or any member of their immediate family.
All contest entries must include:
- Your name suggestion for “Loop A” and/or “Loop B”
- A photo that highlights your day
- A one sentence caption describing your experience in the park (your impression of the location, who you were with, a funny story that happened on that day, etc.)
There are two different ways to enter the contest:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Make sure to put “Name the Trails Contest” in the subject line
- Include all relevant information; photos should be sent as an attachment
- Please be aware that photos and captions may be uploaded to Facebook
Winner selection and notification:
Winners will be selected by representatives from Parks Canada and The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. The decision of the judges is final. Winners will be notified by April 15, 2014 either by email or on Facebook, depending on how the submission was made. The winning trail names will be officially announced on Canada Day, July 1, 2014.
- There is no fee to enter
- Two entries maximum per person per trail
- In the event of multiple contestants submitting identical name suggestions, the winner will be randomly selected.
- By entering this contest, the contestant, or if the contestant is a minor, his/her parent, guardian or tutor agrees to abide by the Official Contest Rules.
- Parks Canada and The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reserve the rights, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, city of residence, photograph, and statement regarding the contest. Parks Canada and The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reserve the rights, at its option, to use the entries for advertising, without compensation, except where prohibited by law. Personal information will be collected solely for the purposes of this contest and will not serve for any other purpose. By providing this information, the contestants consent to its use for the purposes indicated.
- The contestants and/or the winners assume full responsibility for any damage or damage claim caused by entering this contest.
- The prize shall not be transferred, substituted or exchanged for cash or any other thing. The contest organizers reserve the right to exchange the prize at its sole discretion for a prize of equivalent or greater value.
- The contest organizers reserve the right, at its complete discretion, to cancel or modify the contest in the event that, in the opinion of the contest organizers, the holding of the contest would be prevented for one reason or another, including a technical failure or breakdown, an unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of the contest organizers which would compromise the management, security, impartiality, integrity or smooth running of this contest.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- This contest is null and void where prohibited by law. Any dispute regarding the organizing or conduct of this contest may be submitted to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.