LEARN, DO, CONNECT, CELEBRATE!
Whether you are an individual, couple or family, local or international*, or part of a larger group visiting Banff National Park, you will find mountains of opportunities.
The volunteer program is SEASONAL, with the majority of volunteer activities occurring between May and October. The program takes a complete break in December.
- PARK STEWARDS (projects include protection, education, and enhancing visitors' experiences) - for long-term locals, regional repeat visitors, and international travellers
- STEWARDSHIP ACTIVITIES (weed-pulls, litter-picks, fencewatch etc) - for short to medium-term park visitors and groups, including international travellers
- STEWARDSHIP PROJECTS (rehabilitation, research etc) - for short to medium-term individuals and groups, including international travellers
*for international travellers 18 years or older, wanting to volunteer, please see more information and apply for our International Volunteer Program through our partner, Go International. Familiarize yourself with even more information and options for travelling to, volunteering and working in Canada. Scroll down to bottom to see Go International as a recognized organization with the Government of Canada.
Research & monitoring, including “Citizen Science” projects such as Pika Research, Water Monitoring and Fence Check,
Wildlife Fence Check
- Campground Hosts (Lake Louise / Kootenay and Yoho National Parks, Rocky Mountain House National Historic Site)
- Clean ups & facility maintenance
- Invasive weed pulls & Banff Avenue Square Garden maintenance
- Special Events – ambassadors and monitoring (Parks Canada events and 3rd party events)
- Special Programs – ambassadors and assistants (Parks Canada programs)
- Stewardship Projects / Community Service Learning – individual and groups of students fulfilling projects related to park stewardship
- Advisory - individuals and committees
APPLY NOW FOR 2015
Early Bird Deadline for Park Stewards for 2015 is November 15, 2014. Final Deadline is March 1, 2015. You can still apply after that date however preference will be given to those who make the deadline and qualify.
Download the individual application form, fill it out and email it in along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our International Volunteer Program fills up fast – apply right away!
Groups may apply throughout the year. Download the group application form, fill it out and email it to: email@example.com
For inquiries or information about internships, please contact your educational institution or click the Jobs at Parks Canada link