oTENTik – Comfortable and convenient camping with stunning mountain views
oTENTik, exclusive to Parks Canada, is a cross between an A-frame cabin and a prospector tent mounted on a raised wooden floor. These permanent and comfortable accommodations require no set-up by campers. © Paul Zizka
Where to Camp | Rules & Regulations | Bear Safety
||Reserve||Serviced||Flush Toilet||Shower||Sani Dump||Dis Acc||Fire Pits ||Interp Prog||Fee|
|TwoJack Lakeside oTENTik May 15 -
Looking for a Package Deal!
Receive a 15% discount on a package stay including:
- Two nights in an oTENTik, family pass to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site and the Banff Upper Hot Springs with a family rental of historic swimsuits for four. A great deal for only $240 plus GST!
- Available dates from May 15 to June 15, 2014 and September 1 to October 5, 2014
To reserve call 1-877-737-3783
- Sites along Two Jack Lake with stunning mountain views
- Lighting and electricity, hot showers, indoor heat, outdoor fire pit, and BBQ
- A 19 x 24 ft wide tent provides plenty of room for families or groups of up to six
- Two-queen sized and one double-sized bed with high density foam mattresses for a restful night’s sleep
- A spacious living area , with a table and chairs for up to six
- The perfect starting point to world class hiking, biking, canoeing and more...
- Located just 15 minutes from the town of Banff at Two Jack Lakeside Campground
- Upon arrival at the Two Jack Lakeside Campground, a Parks Canada staff member will welcome and orient guests to the oTENTik camping experience.
How to book:
For information or to reserve call 1.877.RESERVE or www.reservation.pc.gc.ca
oTENTik will be available on a first-come, first served basis to those without a reservation at the Two Jack Lakeside Campground kiosk.
How much does a night cost?
$120/night (includes GST). A minimum two night stay is required if you book on a Friday or Saturday.
What to bring:
Bedding and/or sleeping bags, blankets and pillows, deck chairs, camping stove, pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, towels, flashlight, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, food, drinks, water containers, an axe, matches or lighter and a dining tent. Rentals for kitchen supplies such as pots, pans and cutlery can be arranged through the following local supplier:
Bactrax - (For rental of equipment only)
Special requirements in a national park:
- To prevent wildlife incidents, no food preparation, food or drink storage, eating, drinking, or cooking is allowed inside the tent. Store all food and related items in the bear proof lockers.
- Smoking is not permitted within the tents.
- Pets are not permitted within the tents.
About Two Jack Lakeside Campground:
It is rumored that the lake’s name was the outcome of a poker game lost by the first park superintendent, George Stewart. But the real bet on this lake is that it’s the best campground in the park for stunning views of the majestic mountain ranges. Located 15 minutes from the Town of Banff and close to Lake Minnewanka, this rustic campground is beautifully situated on the intimate shores of Two Jack Lake. The ten oTENTiks will be located in the north section of the campground clustered together and embraced by Douglas fir, white spruce and pine trees.