During peak season, there are 2,468 sites located within 13 campgrounds offering a variety of services.
Where to Camp
Campground locations (map)
- Check in time: 2 p.m. / Check out time: 11 a.m.
- A maximum of 2 vehicles, 2 tents and 6 people are permitted on each site.
- All sites have picnic tables
- There is no Internet/Wi-Fi Access
- On-site payment accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit, Traveller’s Cheque or Cash.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times in Banff National Park
- After hours, please refer to signage in kiosk window.
Note: Demand is heaviest from June through September, with July and August being the busiest. Arrive early - unless reserved, sites are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
What To Bring
The weather in Banff National Park is pleasant, but unpredictable. The average high temperature during the day in spring and summer ranges from 10° to 18° Celsius, though temperatures at night can drop below zero. It can also rain, snow or hail any time of year!
In order to be prepared for your camping experience, ensure you have:
- warm clothes (bring various layers to help you dress for the weather)
- waterproof clothing (jackets and pants)
- hats and mitts
- a groundsheet for your tent
- sleeping mat
- warm sleeping bag
- extra blankets