During peak season, there are 2,468 sites located within 13 campgrounds offering a variety of services.
Reserve your campsite!
Where to Camp
Campground locations (map)
- Check in time: 2 p.m. / Check out time: 11 a.m.
- The maximum number of vehicles and tents varies by campground. Select your campground below for details.
- All campgrounds have disabled access except for Two Jack Main & Castle Mountain
- There is no Internet/Wi-Fi Access
- Payment accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit, Traveller’s Cheque or Cash.
- For self registration have exact change or a credit card.
- After hours, please refer to signage in kiosk window.
- 2016 Reservation Launch: Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:00 a.m. MST.
Note: Demand is heaviest from June through September, with July and August being the busiest. Arrive early - unless reserved, sites are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Please confirm opening date before planning your visit as campground maintenance may delay opening date.
What to bring
The weather in Banff National Park is pleasant, but unpredictable. The average high temperature during the day in spring and summer ranges from 10° to 18° Celsius, though temperatures at night can drop below zero. It can also rain, snow or hail any time of year!
In order to be prepared for your camping experience, ensure you have:
- warm clothes (bring various layers to help you dress for the weather)
- waterproof clothing (jackets and pants)
- hats and mitts
- a groundsheet for your tent
- sleeping mat
- warm sleeping bag
- extra blankets
New to camping? Check out Parks Canada’s “Learn to Camp” online guide or app for comprehensive packing lists, recipes and more. Available online and for iPhone, Blackberry and Android! Information is also available in 繁體中文 | 简体中文 | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Tagalog | Español