Children on a wagon ride
© Parks Canada
Parks Canada Xplorers for Kids!
Are your children curious, bright, and active? Do they enjoy challenges? Are they budding artists, dreamers or promising journalists? If so, then the Parks Canada Xplorers program is for them. When you arrive at Motherwell Homestead, your children will receive an "Xplorers" booklet filled with fun activities that will guide their discovery. When they complete the requested number of activities they will be recognized as an official Xplorer with a certificate and a special souvenir! Your kids will have fun doing activities and collecting cool souvenirs with Parks Canada across Saskatchewan and Canada! The activities vary from one location to another and are aimed at 6 to 11 years old (or anyone who's young at heart). This program is included with the regular entry fee. Try it out, imagine and have fun! Learn more about the Xplorers program.
2013 Children's Day Camps
A unique experiential 2-day program for children ages 6-12.
Les enfants s'amusent!
© Parcs Canada
- Children spend each day dressed in historic costuming, helping with daily chores around the farm.
- Hired hands help children learn about WR Motherwell, historic agriculture techniques and the skills needed to survive during the settlement period.
- Activities include; period games, a traditional meal in the Stone House, ice cream and rope making, a picnic in the field, looking after farm animals, learn about draft horses and more…
- Activities may change without notice
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
July & August
- July 2 & 3 Children's Summer Day Camp
- July 9 & 10 Children's Summer Day Camp
- July 16 & 17 Children's Summer Day Camp
- July 23 & 24 Children's Summer Day Camp
- July 30 & 31 Children's Summer Day Camp
- August 6 & 7 Children's Summer Day Camp
- August 13 & 14 Children's Summer Day Camp
- August 20 & 21 Children's Summer Day Camp
- August 27 & 28 Children's Summer Day Camp
Reservations are mandatory; contact the Motherwell Homestead NHS by phone at (306) 333-2116 or by e-mail at Motherwell.Homestead@pc.gc.ca
- Maximum of 12 kids per camp.
- *Children day camp per youth per day $30.00 (Two day program)
Entry and service fees are charged at most national parks and national historic sites, where revenues are kept to support visitor services and facilities. This means that every time you visit a park or site you are investing in its future — and in a legacy for future generations.
Fees listed are valid from April 1, 2012 to March 31 2013. Please check back on April 1 of each year for new and updated fee information.
An Asterisk (*) indicates a new or changed fee from the previous year. All fees listed include applicable taxes and are subject to change.