At Parks Canada, we work closely with local people. This means that shopkeepers, farmers, business people, the Caisse Populaire Desjardins of Compton and the Compton Municipality contribute to the success of the Louis S. St. Laurent National Historic Site.
The co-operating association, Louis S. St. Laurent National Historic Site's Companions, was founded on May 8, 2000. This non-profit organism's goal is to establish ties between the Louis S. St. Laurent National Historic Site and the community in order to ensure visitors' comprehension of the site's historic themes. They also offer visitors of the national historic site services and heritage presentation activities.
Furthermore, the association aims to create ties, with other organisms, governments and local as well as regional private businesses, that will allow the development of new activities.
In order to achieve their objectives, the Companions provides, every year, membership cards at the cost of $15.
- Compton Municipality
- Eastern Townships Tourism
- CLD de la MRC de Coaticook
- Table de concertation culturelle de la MRC de Coaticook
- Les Comptonales
- Regional agrotourism
- Artisans from the surrounding area
- Corporation Touristique Régionale de Coaticook
- Rouge FM 102,7
- Regional Tourist Attractions and Hotels
- Eastern Townships Museum Network
And all our volunteers!