Forges du Saint-Maurice National Historic Site
Facilities and Services
At the Forges du Saint-Maurice, a wide range of services is made available to the public:
- A site map, which is offered at the reception area of the Grande Maison;
- Interpretive panels along the history trail;
- A vending machine (soft drinks) on the ground floor of the Grande Maison;
- Changing table;
- Picnic tables;
- A broad lawn area for visitor use, where children may play in complete safety;
- A large-capacity parking lot;
- A bicycle rack.
Visitors must keep their dogs on a leash at all times. Dogs may not enter Site buildings.
Visitors must keep their shirts on at all times.
Fires are strictly forbidden at the Forges National Historic Site. Stoves (propane, etc.) and grills (charcoal, briquettes, etc.) are also prohibited as is any type of alcohol.
The blast furnace has a direct access, no stairway and particularly the Grande Maison offers visitors with reduced mobility a number of
facilities which they may use to access the exhibits, the multimedia show, and other services:
- The ground floor may be accessed via a special ramp;
- Special toilet facilities are available on the ground floor;
- An elevator allows visitors to access the cellars and the floor where the sound-and-light show is held;
- Picnic tables adapted for wheelchairs are available close to the Grande Maison.