Battle of the Restigouche National Historic Site
August 19th - A day of events for the whole family!
Bring your lunch to have a picnic on the grounds and take advantage of the magnificent historical site at the edge of the Restigouche River. Even our mascot, Parka, will be there to celebrate! The special activities are free but the site entrance fee still applies.
- 10 a.m.: Jacques Bujold (a.k.a M’sieur Bujo) will perform his show L’île magique
- 11 a.m.: Origami workshop
- 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Underwater archaeology presentations
- 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.: Activities in the reading tent: pirate stories, arts and crafts workshop, matching game, by the Campbellton Centennial Library
- 3:30 p.m.: Talk about the village of Petite Rochelle and the ways of life of its inhabitants, by M. Michel Goudreau, Société historique Machault
- More information
July 1st, 2016 - Infrastructure investments
The Minister of National Revenue and MP for Gaspésie–Les Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Diane Lebouthillier, on behalf of the Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Minister responsible for Parks Canada, Catherine McKenna, announced $1.2 million in funding for the Battle of the Restigouche National Historic Site.
The purpose of the project is to upgrade the interpretation centre’s mechanical systems: heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, fire protection system and the building’s water supply system.