Louisbourg300 is a celebration of people and community, and we want you to be a part of it! Whether as visitors, volunteers, vendors, artists or musicians, there are plenty of opportunities to get in on the celebrations.
Volunteers will be needed to assist with Louisbourg300 events, particularly in the areas of:
- Administration (registering participants, ensuring activities are on schedule)
- Supporting events (dealing with logistics such as set-up, tear-down, parking and visitor safety)
- Promoting events happening at the Fortress and in local communities
- Video and photography support
- Newsletter production and distribution
To support the celebrations we will be looking to recruit students for various positions this year and encourage them to inquire about and apply for positions that will be available. Positions include:
- Outreach Support – Provide educational and theatrical programming off-site in urban centres across Canada as well as various communities in Cape Breton.
- Visitor Experience Assistants – Be part of the costumed "living history" part of our program at the Fortress.
- Visitor Information Centre Support – Provide visitor orientation and welcoming to visitors at Provincial Visitor Information Centres in Cape Breton.
- Legacy Exhibit Support – Conduct historical research and help in developing new exhibit projects currently underway.
- Public Relations and Communications Support – Support media activities for the Fortress of Louisbourg
- Volunteer Support – Help with volunteer planning and coordination during the celebrations
- New Media Support – Support initiatives for new media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- Videographer – Shoot, edit and produce videos covering Louisbourg300 activities.
- Costume Support – Be part of developing period costumes to support the celebrations.
- Outreach and Art Exhibit Planning Student – Help in planning art exhibits and provide art or craft performances in the local community.
It is important that you apply to the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) at www.jobs.gc.ca. The federal staffing process includes referrals from this site.
For more information please contact:
Fortress of Louisbourg National Historic Site
259 Park Service Rd. Louisbourg NS, B1C 2L2
Artists, artisans, musicians, performers
We will be celebrating culture throughout 2013 and there may be an opportunity to lend skills to our events. There will also be vending opportunities available for people to show their wares.
Parks Canada and the Fortress Louisbourg Association are looking for not-for-profit and for-profit community partners who may have an interest in supporting and expanding on our celebrations through collaboration.
For these or other ways to get involved, email us, call 902-733-3501, or check out our social media channels:
| About Louisbourg300
| Special Events
| Daily Programs
| Before Arriving
| Contact Us