Grand Pré National Historic Site of Canada
The Herbin Cross, circa 1916
© Parks Canada / Société Promotion Grand-Pré
A modern photo of the Herbin Cross© Parks Canada
In 1907, John Frederic Herbin purchased the land believed to be the site of Saint-Charlesdes-Mines Church to preserve it for the Acadian community.
He erected a stone cross on the site of the old cemetery.