The Blockhouse was also used periodically as a private residence. John Shannon, a retired soldier, moved into the Blockhouse in 1857, and lived there for over 30 years. The wife of former New Brunswick premier, Sir Leonard Tilley, also had expressed interest in converting the building to a summer home in the 1880's. By the turn of the century, a teahouse was built on the property.
St. Andrews Blockhouse was once used as a private residence
© National Archives of Canada