Cape Merry © Parks Canada
- Tours are available upon request in July and August.
- Parks Canada DOES NOT provide transportation to the sites.
- During the tours, you will see Hudson's Bay Company fortifications, cannon, remnants of the powder magazine, and the signatures of historic people carved into the rocks.
Interpretation programs are offered at the Parks Canada Visitor Centre. Contact Parks Canada office in Churchill for information on scheduled programming at the Visitor Centre.
- Audio-visual Presentations - see fees
- Special Interpretive Programs - see fees
Interpretation Program Schedule at the Visitor Centre:
- June to August: 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday)
- September to mid-October & mid-November to June: By request (Monday-Friday)
- Mid-October to mid-November: 7 days a week
Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site is situated in polar bear country, and visitors should be aware of the possibilities of an encounter with a bear. Follow all posted signs, be sure to talk to staff about recent sightings and remember camping is not permitted due to the safety risk.
» Learn more about polar bear safety