“From Ox Carts to Automobiles" - Retro Photo Booth Album
On August 18, 2013, Parks Canada presented the special event “From Ox Carts to Automobiles” – a celebration of the Centennial of the Motor Country Club at Lower Fort Garry. One of the fun activities offered was a Retro Photo Booth where visitors could have their photo taken with a cool vintage car* cut-out and costume accessories from the Motor Country Club era. Enjoy this photo album of visitors getting into the spirit of the Motor Country Club era at Lower Fort Garry!
In 1913 the Winnipeg Automobile Club, an avant-garde group of motoring enthusiasts, leased Lower Fort Garry from the Hudson’s Bay Company and established the Motor Country Club. With the Big House as its clubhouse, this private club flourished for nearly fifty years, offering a range of amenities and activities to its members. A century later, Lower Fort Garry, a fabulous fur trade-era fort, is preserved as a national historic site open to all.
* Thanks to the Mavins Family for allowing us to photograph their 1912 Ford Model T