Book a School Program
To book a school program, call 604-513-4799 or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Have the following information ready when you call:
- Choice of several dates and times: Morning (10 am–noon) or Afternoon (12:30–2:30 pm)
- Number of students and adult chaperones
- School mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Name of Program
- Language of program: Request service in English, French or a mix of both languages
Youth (6-16): $3.90
Adults (17+): $6.55
- One adult (including teachers and parent chaperones) per five students is free. Special Education Assistants also receive free entry.
Additional adults: $6.55
Forms of payment: school cheque, credit or debit card, or cash on the day of the field trip
Prepare for your Field Trip
Before the Visit
- When you book, we will assign you a set number of “brigades” – or groups of about 15 students – into which you need to organize your students. Plan your brigade groupings in advance, and assign a parent helper to each group.
- Programs run rain or shine, with both indoor and outdoor activities: dress for the weather. In June some years, insect repellent may be needed.
- Ask our staff about other experiences to extend your stay such as overnight programs or learning experiences at neighbouring attractions.
- Check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled program time.
- While students have a snack outside the Visitor Centre, bring your brigade leaders inside along with your final numbers and payment for orientation.
- Please assist us in delivering the best experience for your students: encourage adult leaders to model active listening, to silence cell phones, and take necessary phone calls or conversations with other parents outside while programs are in progress.
- Adult chaperones are required at all times while exploring the fort, visitor centre and gift shop.
Washrooms and Lunch Facilities
- Washrooms are located in the Visitor’s Centre and lelem’ at the fort Café.
- lelem’ at the fort is open the same hours as the fort, and is a great place for adults to purchase coffee or food. Catering is available for school groups. Please call Jill Syme for information at 604-343-9277 or by cell at 778-245-2740 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Picnic areas and indoor eating space are available.