The fundamental objective of the presentation plan for the Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue Canal National Historic Site of Canada is to ensure the commemorative integrity of the site. The plan takes the following considerations into account:
- Parks Canada’s objectives according to the Historic Canals Policy, as well as the National Historic Sites Policy;
- Parks Canada’s Cultural Resource Management Policy;
- a long-term vision for what the site will ideally become;
- the site’s commemorative intent;
- the site’s potential and limitations;
- general directions established for presenting and managing the site.
The presentation plan of the Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue Canal National Historic Site centres on the following governing ideas:
- creating a cultural core organized around the communication of the canal’s cultural values;
- consolidating the site’s two access points and setting up a reception and service centre in the old superintendent’s house;
- consolidating the nautical function of the canal;
- consolidating increased use of the canal’s banks and piers.
Previous Page | Table of Contents | Next Page >