Best time to visit
We want to ensure that your time with us is both safe and enjoyable; since there are a limited number of campsites, boats and parking stall, we recommend you plan ahead.
When is the park busiest?
From June to September, visitation is high. These holidays and weekends are especially busy:
- Fête nationale du Québec (June 24)
- Canada Day (July 1st)
- Summer vacations (July 23 to August 20 2017)
- Labour Day (September 4 2017)
- Thanksgiving (October 9 2017)
What are the best days and times to visit?
Try planning your visit before 8 am or after 3 pm.
Early morning, late afternoon or evening visits can be the most enjoyable. The lighting is better for photography and viewing the park features, temperatures are cooler, and the parking areas and trails are less crowded.
What are the most peaceful places?
If visitor levels are high, consider visiting our hidden treasures and enjoy their quietness.
The number of campsites is limited. Make sure to plan your visit and do not forget to reserve your site to make your stay a great one.
www.reservation.pc.gc.ca or 1-877-RÉSERVE
Park entrances and parking lots
Gates and parking lots can sometimes get busy. Thank you for your patience; you will be rewarded with unforgettable experiences.
When parking lots are full, please remember:
- Follow instructions from Parks staff and traffic flag persons.
- Observe the 30 minutes parking time limits in visitor reception center parking lots.
- Never park on vegetation.
- Do not wait for spots to open; move on, and try again later.
- Leave enough room for RVs and buses to manoeuver.
- Respect the new speed limits, especially near park entrances.
- Vehicles parked illegally may be towed at the owner’s expense.
Some important rules to respect
• Consult the summary of main regulations to plan your visit.
Pre arrival checklist
- Get your Discovery Pass in advance.
- Make sure to reserve a place to stay at www.reservation.pc.gc.ca or 1-877-RÉSERVE.
- Avoid disappointment by booking a boat in advance at locationcanot.com.
- Write down the Visitor Center hours.
- Cell phone coverage is limited. Brush up on other safety tips.
- Learn how to respect wildlife and stay safe!
Have a great visit!